Stay Safe During Tornado Season in Logan County
Tornado season is here and pop-up storms and weather patterns during the shift of the seasons bring the ingredients to produce tornadoes in the Logan County area. SERVPRO of Central Auglaize/Hardin/Logan Counties is prepared and always here to help! Here are 5 tips to prepare your home or business in the event a tornado event was to happen.
- Create a Disaster Kit.
- Flashlights; Batteries; Extra shoes for entire family; Bottled water; First aid kit. Photograph/video home and contents with time stamps.
- Create a Family Communications Guide.
- Have a plan to reach other family members. A meeting place if communication systems are down.
- Follow Evacuation Plans.
- In the event evacuation plans are put into place, act on them immediately.
- Know What to do During a Tornado.
- Lowest level of the home (basement); inner most portion of the home; away from windows.
- Know What to do After a Tornado.
- Shelter locations; food and water distribution; photographs of damage.
If a tornado does bring damage to your home or business SERVPRO of Central Auglaize/Hardin/Logan Counties is available 24/7 and ready to respond call us at 937-354-3540